Sunday, June 28, 2009

About 2 weeks ago, Shane and I finally get down to the County Clerks office and apply for our passports so that's out of the way. We had asked my in-laws if they would be willing to watch the twins for our trip and had said yes but now that they watched the twins for all of 2 days, my MIL has decided that she doesn't think she can babysit. Well, I'm exaggerating, she said she could do it for a few days but not the whole time.

We were at a loss as to what we were going to do. Shane thinks that our 16 year old is mature enough to take care of them alone for 10 days. Me? Not so much.

Shane thought that we should ask my mom but I said no way. She is self-employed and, even though she receives retirement income, does not have the luxury of missing work for 2 weeks. But I said 'what the hay', it won't hurt to ask. Well, my mom came through like a champ and said she would LOVE to do it! She can do her job anywhere there is an internet connection and have her calls transferred to any land line. We'll be flying her out from Texas.

I am SO relieved... it was looking like our trip was going to be cancelled or, at the very best, cut down to half.

Thanks mom!!

No comments:

Post a Comment